The Swedish Association of Communication Professionals was founded in 1950 by 12 Press Officers. Today the Association has over 7,000 members and is the second largest association for communication professionals in Europe (after the UK). We offer professional development and networking events, conduct research and industry surveys, and regularly publish news and services for communicators. We also strive to lead the debate on communication and our professional field.
Our Mission is to:
- show that communication creates value and is a key factor in gaining a competitive edge.
- distribute knowledge concerning how to develop communicational skills across the whole organisation, what drives change, and the factors involved in building confidence and strengthening a brand.
- serve as the primary community and meeting place for companies and organisations by providing insights to new communication skills and by supporting and organising networks regarding communicational matters.
- support organisations in their efforts to create an understanding of the added value of effective communication and its important role in relation to competition.
Our vision: All organisations are communicative.
We believe that a communicative organisation is an organisation where:
- leaders are role models who uses communication as an instrument to achieve goals
- communicators have an important and natural role in various levels of the organisation
- employees are aware of the importance of how the organisation communicates, both internal and external, to achieve high credibility.
- Devoted members, who are willing to share their knowledge, experience and expertise.
- An understanding and willingness to embrace and adapt to new trends and innovations within the field of communication.
- Our ability to provide excellent service to our members.