The Swedish Communication Association was founded in 1950 by 12 Press Ombudsmen from the press as well as from the government and nationwide organisations.
Today the Association has nearly 7000 members and is the second largest association for communication professionals in Europe (after the UK). We offer professional development and networking events, conduct research and industry surveys, and regularly publish news and services for communicators. We also strive to lead the debate on communication and our professional field.
Our Mission is to:
- Show that communication creates value and is a key factor in gaining a competitive edge.
- Distribute knowledge concerning how to develop communicational skills across entire organisations, what drives change, and the factors involved in building confidence and strengthening brand recognition and reputation.
- Serve as the primary community and meeting place for companies and organisations by providing key insights into new communication skills and by supporting and organising networks regarding communicational matters.
- Support organisations in their efforts to create an understanding of the added value of effective communication and the important and strategic role it plays in relation to competition.
Our vision: All organisations are communicative.
We believe that a communicative organisation is an organisation where:
- Leaders are role models who use communication as an instrument to achieve goals.
- Communicators have an important, integral, and natural role in various levels of the organization.
- Employees are aware of the importance of how the organisation communicates, both internally and externally, to achieve high credibility.
- Dedicated members, who are willing to share their knowledge, experience, and expertise.
- An understanding and willingness to embrace and adapt to new trends and innovations within the field of communication.
- Our ability to provide excellent service to our members.